Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.flymedishop.com.
1) Information we collect
The information collected on the Site falls into two categories: (A) information that you provide when you engage in transactions on the Site, register for the Site, or enroll as an Flymedishop member, and (B) information gathered about how you navigate the Site.
A. Information that you provide when engaging in transactions on the Site, registering for the Site, or enrolling as an Flymedishop member
Flymedishop only collects personal data you voluntarily submit to us, and the types of personal data we collect may vary based on the transaction, programs, services, and products you with to engage in, but generally includes the following:
- Primary mailing address
- Primary telephone number
- E-mail address
- Additional demographic information such as practice setting, job function, and license number is requested, but not required.
You may also provide, at your option, a secondary address, telephone number, or fax number. For example, you may provide your home address, telephone, and fax numbers as your primary contact information and a business address, telephone, and fax number as your secondary contact information.
If you decide to enroll as an Flymedishop member on the Site, you will also be asked for the college(s) of pharmacy or other educational institutions from which you have earned degrees, your date(s) of graduation, and the Flymedishop Academy and Section you wish to join. Flymedishop members may also elect to join one or more special interest groups and to receive certain e-newsletters that are provided as a benefit of membership. Flymedishop members may opt in or out of Flymedishop e-newsletters by updating their profiles on the Site. After logging into the Site, click on your name to view your profile.
When you place an order on the Site, we may also collect information you provide about someone else to whom you wish to ship products. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
B. Information gathered about how you navigate the Site
The Site receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The Site may collect and log your IP address and your browser information to determine how to facilitate services online and administer the Site. We may collect information on pages visited, frequency of visits, and length of time spent to make improvements that will enhance your experience with us.
We use the information described in sub-section (B) in the form of summary statistics to help us make the Site more useful to visitors, members, and customers, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest.
IV. No Collection of Special Data
It is APhA’s policy not to collect any special categories of personal data such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic data, etc. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
V. With whom is the information you provide on the Site shared?
We do not share, sell, or rent information to any third party processors for their promotional use or for marketing purposes except in the following circumstances:
There are four ways in which information that you provide on the Site may be shared: (1) with agents of Flymedishop who are performing services for Flymedishop , including without limitation, web or internet, hosting and maintenance; data entry; customer service; product fulfillment tasks; or payment processing, under contract, (2) with organizations seeking to contact you about pharmacy-related news, professional information, or educational resources, (3) with research organizations, and (4) with a select few organizations offering professional services to pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, or pharmacy students. With the exception of (1), the Site offers you the option not to have your information shared. Further details regarding how and with whom Flymedishop shares information are set forth below:
- Name and address, telephone or fax number, e-mail address, and credit card information may be provided to third parties operating under contract to Flymedishop for such purposes as fulfilling product orders, handling meeting registrations, or providing continuing education exam grading services. Contract terms specifically forbid these third parties from making any other use of your information. Credit card information provided on the Site is not permanently stored by Flymedishop or the third parties that perform the functions listed in this paragraph.
- Name and address information collected on the Site may be made available for limited, one-time use by organizations seeking to contact you with information about products, programs, or services relevant to the professional or educational needs of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, or pharmacy students. E-mail addresses are not made available to any such third party. Requests for such use of your address information are reviewed to ensure that the information that is to be provided is consistent with the professional nature of Flymedishop and the professional and educational needs of the pharmacy community. You may specify that your name and address information not be used for the purposes enumerated in this paragraph by sending an e-mail with the subject “no informational mailings” to [email protected]
- APhA may provide name and address, telephone, or e-mail information collected on the Site to research firms operating under contract to Flymedishop , to researchers at colleges of pharmacy or other recognized educational, or to research organizations seeking to conduct studies on pharmacy practice, education, or training on a voluntary basis (that is, you may be asked but never required to participate in such studies). Such organizations will be permitted to use personally identifiable information only to contact you regarding the study. You may specify that your name and address information not be used for the purposes enumerated in this paragraph by sending an e-mail with the subject “no surveys” to [email protected]
- Name and address information collected on the Site may be made available to a small number of providers of professional liability or other insurance products, credit card, banking, or investment services, telephone discount, or automobile rental companies for the purpose of sending you mail about their products, programs, and services. You may specify that your name and address information not be used for the purposes enumerated in this paragraph by sending an e-mail with the subject “no offers” to [email protected]
When you terminate your membership or cancel the website account access, Flymedishop may continue to share information about you according to our legal and regulatory requirements.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Flymedishop may disclose your personal information as required by law or as needed in legal proceedings when APhA believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets to a third party, we may also disclose your personal information to the third parties concerned or their professional advisors. In the event of such a transaction, the personal information held by Flymedishop will be among the assets subject to the transaction.
VI. How we protect the information you provide on the Site
We will undertake commercially reasonable procedures to help to ensure that the information you provide to us is protected against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or unauthorized access. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information stored in your profile and Continue Education account is protected by the user name and password that you were provided when your pharmacist.com or pharmacylibrary.com account was created. You may change your user name and password at any time by logging onto the Site, clicking “Login” then “Request a New Password.” You are encouraged to change passwords periodically and to protect your user name and password as you would other personally sensitive information.
Whenever you are finished using the Site, you are encouraged to log out by clicking the “log out” button located on the home page and most other pages within the Site. To prevent others from accessing your personal account information, it is particularly important to log out if you are using a shared or publicly accessible computer.
All information that you provide on the Site is stored in a database residing on servers that employ commercially reasonable measures that utilize both software and physical means to secure against unauthorized access thereto. Access to your information by employees of Flymedishop, and third parties working on the Site or providing services under contract to Flymedishop is on a “need to know” basis, in which access is permitted only for specific jobs or job functions (for example, billing clerks, customer service representatives, website hosting and maintenance, and payment processing).
Credit card and other personal information that you provide on the Site is transmitted over the internet using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection. SSL is the industry-standard method for protecting confidential web communications, such as credit card numbers, online forms, and financial data, from interception and hacking.
While APhA takes commercially reasonable steps to secure your information collected on the Site, you can do your part to protect the information collected on the Site about you by securing your pharmacist.com and/or pharmacylibrary.com user name and password as described above, and by logging out when you finish using the Site. However, you should be aware that despite the security procedures that APhA employs, no security system is impenetrable nor can we guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet or residing on or through the Site. You should particularly note that although it is illegal to intercept, disclose or otherwise access these messages and data under Federal law, e-mail is not secure, so you should not send confidential or personally sensitive information via e-mail.
VII. How you can access, correct, and delete information that you provide on the Site
Flymedishop provides users with 24-hour access to their personal information after it has been collected. You can access all of your personally identifiable information that we collect online (your “profile”) and maintain it by logging into the Site and clicking on your name. You may also send changes toFlymedishop Membership Services Department, 2215 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037. To further protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to make corrections. When you update information, we usually keep a record of the prior version for our records.
In some cases, our business requirements and legal obligations may prevent us from being able to delete your information. If we are unable to delete your information, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
VIII. Anonymous browsing
You are also given the option of visiting the Site without offering any information about yourself. Please note that you will not be able to purchase certain products or visit certain areas of the Site as an anonymous browser.
X. Children’s Information
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Flymedishop does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If Flymedishop discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, we will delete the child’s personal data unless a parent or guardian provides verifiable consent to Flymedishop.
XI. International Website Access and Cross-Border Data Transfers
XII. Privacy Issues and Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to other third party websites that are not affiliated with Flymedishop. Flymedishop has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
XIII. Social Media Widgets