What is Subutex sublingual?
Subutex sublingual tablets are not for use as a pain medication.
MISUSE OF OPIOID MEDICINE CAN CAUSE ADDICTION, OVERDOSE, OR DEATH. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
Taking opioid medicine during pregnancy may cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn.
Fatal side effects can occur if you use opioid medicine with alcohol, or with other drugs that cause drowsiness or slow your breathing.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Subutex if you are allergic to it, or:
- if you have used another narcotic drug within the past 4 hours.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- methadone treatment;
- any type of breathing problem or lung disease;
- abnormal curvature of the spine that affects breathing;
- liver disease (especially hepatitis B or C);
- kidney disease;
- enlarged prostate, urination problems;
- a head injury or brain tumor;
- alcoholism, hallucinations, mental illness; or
- problems with your stomach, gallbladder, adrenal gland, or thyroid.